The road to marijuana legalization is NOT OVER YET!
Right now we’re at a very critical moment that will determine the fate of marijuana legalization – and justice – in New York.
We need you to please contact your local Assembly Member, State Senator, and Governor Cuomo and tell them to pass the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617)!
Here’s what to do:
1) Find your state representatives:
2) Call and email your Assembly member, State Senator, AND the Governor and tell them to support marijuana justice by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately.
Also let Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie know you want marijuana justice:
– Governor Cuomo 518-474-8390
– Majority Leader Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins 518-455-2585
– Speaker Carl Heastie 518-455-3791
3) Read this script or use it as a guideline when you call or write:
Hello, my name is _______.
I’m your constituent from ________________ (say your neighborhood here). I want to urge you to support adult-use marijuana legalization by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately!
Communities most harmed by marijuana prohibition have suffered too long and are anxious for marijuana justice, sustainable equity, repair and reinvestment. I, along with many other New Yorkers, support marijuana legalization! I’m counting on you to ensure the Legislature passes marijuana justice now.
Help us shape the future of reform by urging Gov. Cuomo and your NY lawmakers to end marijuana prohibition and repair the harms that it has caused to our communities.