We need you to please contact your local Assembly Member, State Senator, and Governor Cuomo and tell them to pass the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617)!
Here’s what to do:
1) Find your state representatives:
2) Call the district office and Albany office of your Assembly member and State Senator to tell them to support marijuana justice by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately.
Also let Governor Cuomo, Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie know you want marijuana justice:
– Governor Cuomo 518-474-8390
– Majority Leader Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins 518-455-2585
– Speaker Carl Heastie 518-455-3791
3) Read this script or use it as a guideline when you call:
Hello, my name is _______.
I’m your constituent from ________________ (say your neighborhood here). I want to urge you to support adult-use marijuana legalization by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately!
Communities most harmed by marijuana prohibition have suffered too long and are anxious for marijuana justice, sustainable equity, repair and reinvestment. I, along with many other New Yorkers, support marijuana legalization! I’m counting on you to ensure the Legislature passes marijuana justice now.