We need you to please contact your local Assembly Member, State Senator, and Governor Cuomo and tell them to pass the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617)!
Here’s what to do:
1) Find your state representatives:
2) Call the district office and Albany office of your Assembly member and State Senator to tell them to support marijuana justice by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately.
Also let Governor Cuomo, Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie know you want marijuana justice:
– Governor Cuomo 518-474-8390
– Majority Leader Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins 518-455-2585
– Speaker Carl Heastie 518-455-3791
3) Read this script or use it as a guideline when you call:
Hello, my name is _______.
I’m your constituent from ________________ (say your neighborhood here). I want to urge you to support adult-use marijuana legalization by passing the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (S.1527/A.1617) immediately!
It is time to stop the ineffective and unjust enforcement of marijuana prohibition in New York and begin responsibly regulating marijuana to better serve public health, community well-being, and equity. Decriminalization alone is not enough—we must establish a regulatory framework that will better restrict minors’ access to marijuana, put state tax dollars to better use, create new jobs, and generate millions in tax revenue to be used, in part, to support communities that have been most harmed by marijuana prohibition.
I, along with many other New Yorkers, support marijuana legalization! I’m counting on you to ensure the Legislature passes marijuana justice now.